Macromolecular X-ray Crystallography, part I
This lecture is held annually and addresses people with very little experience in X-ray crystallography.
Lecture Notes 2012
In 2012, the course A57 was joined with the Mol Bio PhD Programme. Please refer to that page for course material.
Lecture Notes 2011
Following are the lecture notes from 2011. The material has not changed much compared to the previous year. It is mostly a revision with spelling corrections and improvments of comprehensability.
Lecture notes 2010
There were only four lecture days this year.
- Day 1
- Lecture: Crystals and X-ray diffracition
- Movie: Movie spherical wave
- Movie: Interference of waves
- Day 2
- Lecture: Symmetry and Spacegroups; Phasing I
- Movie: Illustration of a screw axis
- Movie: Ewald Sphere and crystal rotation. Shows the reciprocal lattice as it traverses the Ewald sphere while the crystal rotates around the red axis.
- Day 3
- Phasing II; Model Building and Refinement
- Day 4
Last modified: Thu Nov 29, 2012 09:56AM